A HINT OF CALM.
“Colors this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves.” — Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute
This season’s colors are meant to soothe the soul, calm the nerves and set an easy pace — and they do. From soft tones of coral to a bold statement of deeper blues, they are all comfort colors.
Each season, the Pantone Color Institute attaches names and reference numbers to colors. These numbers are used throughout the fashion, paint, fabric productions and home decorating industries to ensure color consistency, and certain colors always become the most trendy or popular. This year’s top 10 set an easy pace for this season’s styles. Time to check your closet and make sure you have the season’s top colors covered.
1. ROSE QUARTZ: “Really beautiful pink that will radiate well on the skin for women and men.”
2. PEACH ECHO: “Historically, orange is a color that comes and goes. Peach Echo is a very warm, friendly and accessible color.”
3. SERENITY: “Blues simply relay that feeling of relaxation.”
4. SNORKEL BLUE: “Meant to be a bit more fun, less serious than navy, and serve as one of the anchor colors for the spring palette.”
5. BUTTERCUP: “Buttercup is all about sunlight, happiness and cheer.”
6. LIMPET SHELL: “Blue with a slightly green twinge. People are reaching for cooler colors and blues.”
7. LILAC GRAY: “There is a need for neutrals every season, and this one has a hint of the purple family that is soft and subtle.”
8. FIESTA: “Very free-spirited, with a south-of-the-border influence.”
9. ICED COFFEE: “With a tan disposition, Iced Coffee has a warmth that combines well with everything else.”
10. GREEN FLASH: “With yellow undertone, this bright green would be well accepted for spring and summer.”
It’s easy to find a favorite this season — what’s not to like about these colors? There is a shade that works for every mood, every skin tone, any event and any lifestyle. No fabric was left behind — from cotton shirts, linen pants, jersey prints, designer silk prints, shirts, shorts, dresses and more, the top 10 colors are everywhere.
Hit your closet to make sure you’ve got the year’s hottest colors, and if you don’t — have fun shopping.
AND HAVE FUN SHOPPING!
Roxanne Madere Gilleland