Check out these practical and unforgettable presents for mom. From staying organized with a personalized recipe and entertaining journal to basking in a shiatsu massage, mom will love you even more than she already does!
Personalized Recipe and Entertaining Journal
This innovative gift idea will allow moms to be more organized in the kitchen. The kit offers a home for recipe cards and journal pages for recording menus and guest lists. The three-ring binder format allows for even more organization and a kraft-paper envelope for recipes clipped from newspapers and magazines. It’s stain- and water-resistant too! For more information, williams-sonoma.com.
Chocolate Fondue Crate Set
Sweeten up Mother’s Day with a delicious fondue set from Sur La Table. The set includes 70 percent dark and milk chocolate fondue from France. Visit surlatable.com to purchase.
Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten - Autographed Copy!
Mother’s can get a signed copy of best-selling cookbook author and entertainer, Ina Garten. Readers can enjoy 90 classic recipes from the Food Network host and learn more about her home, her style and her life in the Hamptons. Visit surlatable.com to purchase.
Brookstone Shiatsu Massage
This is the perfect way to relax. The two shiatsu nodes rotate forward and backward to work away the day's stress. brookstone.com
Just Ask Mom
If there's any book that validates the work of mothers, it's this one. Author Nancy Malone provides readers with essential tips including cooking and nutrition info and even tips for removing t-shirt stains! Available at most local booksellers and online retailers.
Handy Mom's Guide Grilling
Enjoy a variety of simple, delicious grilled goodies from award-winning bar-b-que expert and food writer. Visit coolspringspress.com.
Give Mom the Gift of Time & Leisure
Creative gift ideas that let mom indulge in time for herself.
Mother’s Day is approaching, and this year, instead of the tried-and-true gifts of flowers, perfume or new pajamas, show mom how much she is truly appreciated by giving her presents that offer her a break, allowing her to indulge in some much-needed time for herself.
Consider these ideas for not only Mother’s Day, but any time you want to give mom something extra special:
- Clean as a whistle: Contact a local housekeeping service and sign up for one, or several, weekly sessions. Mom now has a few extra hours each week to focus on her other passions and interests - without having to worry about the house being sparkling clean.
- Get fit: With a family’s busy schedule, many times it can be a challenge for mom to find an extra few hours each week to sneak in a workout. Instead, bring the gym to her! Many personal trainers make house calls. Or, vow to watch the kids two evenings a week so she can take a class at the gym, or hit the hiking trails with her friends.
- No-fuss, chef-prepared dinners: With the average person spending at least 10 hours weekly preparing and cooking dinner, all moms could definitely use a break in the kitchen! Home Bistro (homebistro.com) home-delivers chefprepared meals - such as raspberry grilled chicken, pomegranate glazed sea scallops or slow-braised beef short ribs. Preparation is easy, with dinner being ready in about 15 minutes.
- A day out: Surprise mom with a day out to do whatever she wishes. If she loves the theater, surprise her with a matinee performance followed by an early dinner at a local hot spot. If she would rather shop, contact her favorite store for a personal shopping appointment, many times offered free of charge. If pampering is her preference, then give her a spa package to indulge in a massage or facial.
- Try something new: Whether she wants to learn how to make jewelry, how to cook ethnic cuisine or learn about photography, enroll mom in a class that allows her to explore a new passion. Inexpensive, one-time classes are offered at a variety of locations - from local cooking schools, to community college campuses, to craft stores.
Still need more ideas on what to get mom? Enter to win one week’s worth of free dinners for a family of four (an approximately $400 value). To enter, visit homebistro.com/mother by Sunday, May 11.
Article and photo courtesy of Family Features