PLAN TO GET THE KIDS OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND INVOLVED IN SOMETHING FUN
The countdown to summer vacation has begun, and with it the annual question faced by all parents: What are we going to do with the kids? Whether you’re looking to ship the kids off for a whole week, or just get them out of the house for a few hours so they don’t spend the whole day watching Netflix, there is a great selection of summer camps right here in the Lowcountry.
The Lowcountry lifestyle we all appreciate definitely extends to the quality of summer camps we have available. It’s easy to take for granted that our location makes the surf and nature camps that kids across the country dream of attending a reality here.
Whether you’ve got an aspiring Beethoven at home, or the next Picasso, there’s a camp where they can devote their vacation to practicing. For the adventurous kids, there are always new and exciting outdoor camps to check out.
IDEA Studio Summer Art Camps
June 6th through August 1st
- Clay camps $175/week and Art camps $150/week. We will be offering an early bird discount for registrations received before May 23rd.
- 843-342-5439 or
Kids N’ Clay Camp
June 13-16 & June 24
- Students will learn a variety of ceramic hand building techniques: including pinch, slab, coil, surface decoration, glazing and more! There will be no class on Friday, June 17 as the clay pieces will be fired in the kiln. Students return the following Friday to glaze the work which will then be fired a second time and available for pick-up approximately one week later.
Theatre Camp with Jay Apking
June 20-24; July 25-29
- Make a cast of new friends during this fun-filled week! Campers will experience a mini-production and will not only be the cast, but will also be the production crew. Campers will learn how to write scripts, understand and develop characters, create sets, props, and design costumes.
Mixed-Up Masterpieces Visual Arts Camp
June 27-July 1; July 18-22
- Students will study folk and fine art from all around the world that will inspire both traditional and unusual 2D and 3D masterpieces. A mini-showcase art exhibition and reception will be held on Friday.
Take the Stage! Performing Arts Camp
June 27-July 1; July 28-22
- Join us as we explore music, dance and drama in this one week camp. Students will be exposed to a variety of performing art forms in our Black Box Theatre and will create a mini showcase performance on Friday!
IJGA Summer Golf Camp
June 13-August 19
- Residential or Commuter Options. For junior golfers ages 10-19. Learn fundamental techniques including swing mechanics, short game and course management.
- Residential Tuition: $2,095/week. Commuter Tuition: $1,795/week. Call for local discount.
Hilton Head Prep Camps
- Find a complete listing of summer camps at Hilton Head Prep online at www.hhprep.org. Camps include Mandarin Chinese language and culture, College Application boot camp, basketball, soccer, baseball, football, cheerleading, animal care, astronomy, Lego robotics, art and more.
Hilton Head Jazz Camp
- An intensive week-long camp with 14 full-time professional faculty and national artist-in-resident. With a combination of large big bands, small combos, theory, improv, jam sessions, elective courses, masterclasses and performances, this camp is geared towards intermediate to advanced upper middle and high school students. Fun activities include an ice cream social, faculty recital, private concert at the award winning Jazz Corner, family beach night and camp BBQ. The week concludes with two main performances, a Friday evening camp recital and Saturday afternoon grand finale performance. Open to students both local and out-of-town with optional overnight accommodations available, ages 12-20 recommended with 3+ years playing experience.
Hilton Head Jazz Clinic
- A 3-hour daily jazz clinic with college jazz camp alumni, and finale performance. Instruction is a combination of private lessons, small combos, with instruction in theory/improv geared towards beginning students. A final clinic performance will be held in the HHCA Performing Arts Center on the final day. Open locally to beginning students ages 10-14. One year of band experience recommended.
Hilton Head Jazz Guitar Institute
- A four day intensive guitar program for aspiring jazz guitarists with separate sessions for students and adults led by Savannah’s own Jackson Evans. A final clinic performance will be held in the HHCA Performing Arts Center on the final day. Open locally to ages 10-adult. Two years of guitar experience recommended
Outside Hilton Head Children’s and Teen’s Activities
Mid-June – Mid-August
- A variety of partial-day, day long, or 2-day programs focused on exploration of our local environment and lots of water-based fun.
- 800-686-6996 or www.outsidehiltonhead.com
Boys & Girls Club of HHI Summer Camp
Monday – Friday June 13-July 29 (closed on July 4)
- Ages 6-18 will participate in high tech activities and will have academic and educational resources available to them.
- $350 per child (Family rate of $525)