by Sarah Peterman
There couldn’t be a more perfect location for a honeymoon than Hilton Head Island. With miles of beaches, beautiful sunsets and activities for every taste, happy couples will love beginning their life together on this beautiful island. Here are our top pics on what makes Hilton Head the perfect place to celebrate your honeymoon:
For the Romantic
- Hilton Head is home to some of the most spectacular fine dining establishments around. With world-renown chefs and an incredible variety of restaurants to choose from, there will be something excellent for everyone’s palate.
- With several dolphin tours available, enjoying Hilton Head from the water and seeing some precious marine life could be a perfect addition to your honeymoon.
- Sunset is unquestionably the most romantic time of day, and on Hilton Head there’s no better way to enjoy it than on a sunset boat cruise.
- Horseback riding is a romantic tradition from yesteryear that still brings happy couples closer together. With private stables on the island, horseback riding for two could be a fun way to spend an afternoon.
- Don’t forget to de-stress with a couples’ spa day. Hilton Head is home to many amazing spas with deluxe packages available.
For the Adventurer
- Nothing will bond you and your new spouse quite like being suspended 50 feet in the air while parasailing. This adventure is not only a blast, but it’s a surprisingly peaceful way to see the surrounding islands and coastal landscape.
- If you want a little more excitement, rent personal watercraft. With the ability to leisurely cruise around or romp playfully in the water, personal watercraft will get your hearts pumping and give you some quality time with Hilton Head’s most famous asset — water.
- Paddling through the marshes of Hilton Head is not only beautiful, but it’s a ton of fun. Renting kayaks will give you some great exercise and if you go on a guided tour, you can learn some interesting information about Hilton Head and the plants and animals that inhabit it. Practice working together by renting a tandem kayak.
- With many miles of bike paths, tandem bicycles would be a perfect way to spend an afternoon. You can get a feel for the whole island as well as enjoy some quality time with your sweetie.
- For those sports fans out there, Hilton Head offers some of the best golf courses and tennis courts around. Guys, you could hit a few balls while your new wife shops, or you could both work on perfecting your swing together.
- Deep sea fishing is an island favorite. With many options for private charters, a day out on the water catching some coastal favorites will certainly be a lot of fun. Many of the local restaurants will clean and cook your catch to your liking, so you’ll have a fresh dinner after your day of adventure.
For the Tourist
- Hilton Head is the shopper’s paradise. From Coligny Plaza to Shelter Cove and from Tanger Outlets to specialty boutiques, there are stores to suite everyone’s liking.
- The classic Harbor Town Lighthouse is often seen as the iconic landmark of Hilton Head. Visit Sea Pines and climb to the top of the Harbor Town Lighthouse for some amazing views and an unforgettable experience.
- While you’re in Sea Pines, have dinner at the Salty Dog Café. Salty Dog T-Shirts have become famous around the world.
- Meander off the beaten path to historic Bluffton for unusual eateries, antique stores, art galleries and more.