Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana hosts hands-on and demonstration cooking classes. A recent class focused on shrimp recipes. Here’s a creole recipe that was taught to the class.
SERVES 4-6 | TOTAL TIME : 30 MIN
• 12 Little neck clams fresh from local waters.
• 1/2- lb. smoked bacon, chopped thin.
• 2 heaping tablespoons of grated yellow onion.
• 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic.
• 1 cup of fresh shredded sautéed spinach.
• 4 tablespoons of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
• 3 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon
• 1 slice of multigrain bread, approx. 1/2 inch thick
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Avocado salad for toast
1 tablespoon oil
1 oz. garlic, minced
16 oz. crushed tomatoes
2 oz. garlic
2 pints Mache, washed (Boston Bibb or Butter Lettuce can be substituted for Mache Lettuce)
1 sliced avocado
A hearty holiday meal helps bring the family together. Try this delicious recipe from Eric Golden, executive chef at Toro.
By David Anthony | Serves: 8-10 people.
Prime rib makes for the quintessential holiday centerpiece. Delicious and hearty, the perfect prime rib will have everybody at the table happy — and clamoring for second helpings.
Here are some tips for a fantastic holiday meal.