FIRST PRESBYTERIAN HAS DEEP ROOTS IN THE LOWCOUNTRY
First Presbyterian Church traces its origins to a small chapel on Honey Horn Plantation. Pastors were brought from the mainland by boat for Sunday services. It became a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregation in 1957, never losing its character as a church for the community. The Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra and the Hilton Head Choral Society perform at the church, and the World Affairs Council holds its programs here.