Lowcountry tennis guru Bob Brockman shares all the local tennis news and league information in this weekly tennis blog.
Resuming the Tennis Update now that tennis is starting up again. We hope everyone is well and looking forward to a less eventful future.
- AHHI invites members to the Annual Meeting and Dinner/Dance, Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at the HH Beach & Tennis Resort. 5pm - Business Meeting; 5:30-6:30pm - Happy Hour; 6:30-9pm - Dinner. Music by the Chiggers. Cost $15 per person (includes 2 complimentary drinks). Cash Bar.
- Menu: Pork Osso Buco, Pesto Crusted Salmon Filet, Pasta Primavera Vegetarian Dinner.
- Mail check to Jackie Reynecke, 64 Jib Sail Court, HHI, SC 29928 or hand deliver to Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center. Deadline for payment is March 8.
(if you play on a USTA league team, competing in a local league, you receive a TAHHI membership when you registered for the team)
- Palmetto Dunes
- Mar 3-5 - Luck of the Irish Doubles
- Mar 10-12 - Southern Tennis Escape
- May 5-7 - Espresso Cup
- May 12-14 - Paws and Balls Team Tennis Challenge
- Jun 2-4 - 38th Annual Banana Open
- Sep 1-3 - Tennis Fall Clasic
- Sep 28-Oct 1 - Banana Open Challenge
- Oct 13-15 - Bridge Bowl
- Oct 27-29 - Nutty Buddy Tennis Classic
- Nov 10-12 - Team Tennis and Pickleball Challenge
- Pro Tennis League: proleaguetennis.com
- Ultimate Tennis League: www.ultimatetennis.com
- Single Ladder: www.globaltennisnetwork.com
- Savannah Challenger Tournament: http://savannahchallenger.com
- Professional Tennis Registry: ptrtennis.org
- Tennis Assoc of HHI: tahhi.org
- Palmetto Dunes: www.PalmettoDunes.com
- USTA leagues: www.USTA.com
- South Carolina USTA: www.southcarolina.usta.com
- South Beach Racquet Club: http://www.south-beach-racquet-club.com
- Van Der Meer Tennis @ SY: www.vandermeertennis.com
- Country Club of Hilton Head: http://www.cchhtennis.com
- Haig Point, Daufuskie Island: http://www.haigpoint.com
Abbreviations: PD - Palmetto Dunes, SL: Spring Lake, CCHH: Country Club of HH, SCYC: SC Yacht Club, MC: Moss Creek, SY: Shipyard
SC: Sun City, PR: Port Royal, CCTA: Coastal Carolina Tennis Assoc., WX: Wexford, PTR: Professional Tennis Registry, SB: South Beach
TAHHI: Tennis Assoc of Hilton Head Island, TLC: Tennis Club of Low Country (Rose Hill), HH: Hampton Hall, HP: Haig Point
League designation format: Mens or Womens followed by age group and USTA level. e.g.: W55 3.0 = Womens, age 55 and over, 3.0 level
(teams needing additional players, exhibition matches, clinics, tournaments, leagues and league news)
Bob Brockman - editor